Planning a wedding is incredibly exciting. It is probably one of the most special events in your life so far, and there is so much to do to prepare for it. You may quickly realize as you begin the preliminary planning that you need the services of a wedding organiser. Many engaged couples find that the best wedding gift that they can give themselves is a qualified wedding organiser to handle the preparations. A wedding organiser will reduce the stress on you throughout the planning process so that you can relax and enjoy your special day.
The first decision that you should make after getting engaged should be choosing a wedding organiser. You probably have never hired a wedding organiser before, so here are some tips to help you choose.
- First, think about what type of service you need. When you think of a wedding organiser, you probably think of the traditional, full-service organiser. A full-service organiser will work with you from the very beginning of the planning until the wedding is over. This person will help you to select the venue and vendors and coordinate every detail of your wedding. This is a great choice, and a great service. If you prefer less involvement from the wedding organiser or want to minimize costs, you can also choose day-of service. In this arrangement, the organiser will work with you on the day of the wedding to make sure that every detail goes off without a hitch. Typically, day-of service also includes the assistance of the wedding organiser for the month prior to the wedding, during which time the organiser will confirm all of the arrangements with vendors.
- Don’t be put off by what you expect to be a big expense. You can actually save money by hiring a wedding organiser. A wedding organiser has many contacts in the wedding industry, from caterers to florists to photographers. You could contact these vendors on your own, and pay their usual rate. However, if you go through a professional wedding organiser, that person can often get you a discounted rate from many different vendors, ultimately saving money. Research has shown that couples who use a wedding organiser typically save 5-10% of the overall cost of the wedding. When you discuss rates with a potential wedding organiser, consider all of the savings that person can bring to you through their services.
- Interview potential wedding organisers. You are going to spend a significant amount of time working with this person, so it is important that you like them and can get along well. Ask the organiser if they were trained in the profession. Anyone can call themselves a wedding organiser without actually having any experience in the field. Make sure that the person you hire is trained and experienced.
- Be clear with the wedding organiser about your budget. A good wedding organiser can work within your budget and will respect your limits in that regard. After you meet with the organiser, you should leave with a feeling that they respect your budget and are willing to work within it. Many organisers will provide the couple with a spreadsheet to itemize the spending related to the wedding.
- Choose a wedding organiser who is considerate of your ideas. The wedding organiser should take your ideas for your wedding, enhance them, and make them a reality. Be sure that the person you choose sees your vision.
If you have recently become engaged, contact Weddings by Franc. We are the premier wedding organisers in Ireland, and we would be honored to be a part of your special day.