One of the most important aspects of planning your wedding is deciding on a wedding gown. However, this is sometimes easier said than done! There are so many bridal gowns available on the high street; and an almost overwhelming variety of styles to choose from.
Before you even approach a bridal store, take the time to think about the sort of dress you want. Consider what dress shapes naturally flatter your frame. Do you want something that cinches in the middle, to flatter your waistline? Or do you want something that elongates your legs and adds height? If you’re unsure, it’s a good idea to ask friends and family for their honest opinion.
Likewise, you also need to think about your theme. If you’re having a formal wedding, you may want a full-skirted dress in traditional silk. If you’re spending a lot of your day outside, you may want a more laid-back style.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are a few styles that we’ve seen on the catwalks recently; which look like they’re going to be major trends in 2015!
Five Wedding Dress Ideas
1. Minimalist. The minimalist look was really popular in 2014, and it is still very hot this year. If you want to make the most of the minimalist look, remember that it’s all about creating a clean, uncluttered aesthetic. We’re talking simple lines, elegant curves and very little else. Fabric should flow over the body, and not be too fitted.
2. Crop top. The crop top is already very popular on the high street; and now, it’s being worked in a big way in bridal wear! This look really lends itself well to spring weddings, as it’s very fresh and cute. Your crop top should be structured and preferably feature some detail, whereas your skirt should be full, to create a sense of balance.
3. Fairy. It seems that a lot of designers took their inspiration from ethereal fairy-tales last year, and the trend is still going strong. When we talk about the ‘fairy’ look, we’re not thinking Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. We’re talking romantically trailing trains, delicate lace detailing and soft, shimmering fabrics.
4. Roman goddess. For this look, you’ll need to know your history. Check out some ancient Roman sculptures online, and observe the elegant drape of the fabric. That’s what this look is all about. The material should fall effortlessly around your figure, and should preferably be off the shoulder. Create interest by adding a detailed belt or delicate pearls on the neckline.
5. Colours. These days, it doesn’t always have to be white. On the catwalk, we saw plenty of designers boldly stepping away from the traditional hues, and showcasing gorgeous dresses in dove grey, pastel blue and even shocking pink.
Get the Details Right with a Professional Wedding Planner
If you need help organising your big day, it’s time to talk to Franc! As one of Ireland’s leading wedding organisers, Franc and his team can help you get every detail of your wedding planned to perfection, including the dress.
If you’d like to book a consultation, just contact the Franc Events Team on +353 (0)25 32005 today.