If you’ve been nominated to arrange a corporate event, you’ll probably already have some idea of the challenges involved. If you’re not a professional corporate event company or event planner, then there is a risk that things can get overwhelming, as you’ll have a brain-boggling number of things to consider in order to ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible.
Insider’s Tips to Arranging the Perfect Corporate Event
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a professional corporate event planner to make your occasion run according to plan, although some experience is admittedly a plus!
Here are a few insider’s tips, shared by some of the most successful event organisers in Ireland, to help you create an occasion to be proud of.
1. ‘Write it all down – lists are vital to your success’. Before you start booking venues or organising caterers, take some time to think carefully about what sort of event you want to create, and just what you need to do in order to make it happen. Get it down in a list, as this can also help you to work out your budget, which is a vital part of the process.
2. ‘Schedule your event carefully – check the calendar!’ – In order to ensure that you get maximum turn-out, make sure you avoid booking your event on the same day as another major event. Be aware that in the summer months and around Christmas, people are more likely to be away on holiday.
3. ‘Shop around, don’t just settle for the first supplier.’ It pays to take the time to research vendors and suppliers. Don’t just make it a matter of price. Sometimes it’s worth paying a little extra, in order to enjoy a superior level of service. Ask for references and try to get the real picture as to how good the vendor actually is.
4. ‘Don’t take it all on – delegation is the key!’ Organising an event takes a huge amount of work. Don’t try to manage it all by yourself, delegate tasks to other trusted employees. However, do make sure that you project manage the event, and that you have a good idea of exactly who is doing what, and when!
5. ‘Think about the mood you want to create, and set your theme accordingly’. A good theme can make or break a corporate event. It’s good to get creative, as this brings maximum impact to the event. However, it’s vital to make sure that your theme represents the desired ambiance for the occasion, and suits the audience.
Worried About Getting it Right? Talk to House of Franc: Leading Event Management Company in Ireland
Sometimes, in order to guarantee that your corporate event goes without a hitch, it’s simpler to call in the experts. Franc and his team are experienced event planners in Ireland, and they’ll work with you on a consultative level; listening to your requirements, and then working proactively to create an event that you can be proud of!
To book your consultation with Franc and the team, simply get in contact by clicking here.