If there is any day in your life that should be completely about you, it’s your wedding. Your wedding is not only your ‘big day’, but also your big opportunity. It’s the perfect time to display your love for one another in front of family and friends, and also to incorporate a strong sense of who you are, and to show what you and your partner are ‘all about’.
Keep it Fun and Keep it Authentic…How to Make Your Wedding Day about the Two of You
When it comes to planning your wedding, don’t be afraid to get creative and seize the chance to make it as personalised an experience as possible. Here are just a few ideas to help you to make the day fun-filled and perfectly unique.
Top Ideas to Make Your Wedding Your Own
• Work with your own unique style. When it comes to selecting your dress, don’t be afraid to step outside the realm of the conventional. If you’ve got a particular style, then work it to the max! For example, if you love the rockabilly look, then a mid-length, full-skirted 50’s wedding dress is ideal; or if you’re obsessed with the 1920s, go for a flapper-style ‘Great Gatsby’ frock.
• Create a theme that says something about you. If you and your partner share a passion for something, then consider incorporating this into your theme. If you love travel, then make each of your tables themed around a particular country; or if you’re both passionate about music, make the wedding day musically themed, with instruments and images of your favourite bands.
• Play games. If you want to bring real fun to your wedding day, introduce some games to the event, such as a romantically themed treasure hunt or a fun quiz, with questions based around the two of you. If you’re getting married in the warmer months, consider moving the fun outside and setting up quoits or even a game of football on the lawn, to make the most of the weather.
• Have fun with the first dance. Traditionally, the first dance is all about the romance. However, for some couples, the prospect of dancing to a sentimental love-song can prove to be somewhat embarrassing to say the least. If this sounds like you, then why not choose a song that will get everyone up and dancing? Remember, it’s your wedding, and you’re the one who makes the rules!
• Go with entertainment that entertains you. There is nothing wrong with a traditional disco to end the evening. However, don’t be nervous about making the entertainment a bit more ‘you’. Choose songs that you love best, hire a local band, or even a karaoke machine, which is guaranteed to have everyone in tears of laughter!
House of Franc: A Wedding Planner in Ireland with a Firm Sense of Fun!
Franc is one of the most experienced wedding planners in Ireland, with years under his belt. You’ve probably already heard of him, thanks to his successful television show. He’s well known for organising couture weddings with real personality.
If you’ve got a vision of your perfectly personalised big day, and you want to talk to Franc about making your dream a reality, then call his team today on 025 46803 or get in contact through the website.