With blue skies, bare shoulders and guests sipping cocktails in the sun, summer is truly the perfect season for weddings. Garden venues, open marquees and starlit dancing are all at their best in the summer months and what better time to take your vows than when the sun is shining?
Your summer themes and menus are limited only by your imagination; whatever you can envisage, your wedding planner can help you to create.
Six Summer Wedding Ideas We Love:
1. A splendid spread! How about a vintage country garden theme, mismatched china and beautiful blossoms in jars tied with raffia? You could serve scones, jam and lashings of cream for a scrumptious afternoon tea.
2. The great outdoors. Check the regulations where you live to find out whether an outdoor ceremony is an option for you but if not, you can still make the most of the season by planning an outdoor reception. The weather is never guaranteed, however, so it’s best to prepare for all possibilities by providing some fun umbrellas in bright colours for your guests to grab in case of a sudden downpour!
3. Have fun with food. Long, warm evenings lend themselves perfectly to lighter, more casual fare. You could opt for a simple BBQ with fruity, fun desserts, or your traditional wedding meal to keep it classic. Ice cream vans are available for hire and would make the perfect alternative to canapés on a scorching day. The blue skies are the limit!
4. Love all. For a quirky day to remember, go for a sporty Wimbledon-inspired theme. Let your imagination run wild with cute ball-girl bridesmaid dresses, Pimms on the terraces and, of course, strawberries and cream for dessert!
5. A floral dream. You will be spoilt for choice with so many flowers available to suit your budget during the summer months. Go for exotic options such as stunning orchids to ensure they will survive the heat, or choose beautiful local flowers that will be cheaper and are used to the climate.
6. The personal touch. If you love the idea of getting creative, you could design a selection of delicious picnic foods, packed into wicker hampers for your guests to enjoy on rugs in the gardens. Just add champagne!
Plan Ahead to Avoid Disappointment
The summer holidays are a great time for teachers or those with children to take time off. Just don’t forget to send out save-the-date cards to avoid your special day clashing with the holidays of your nearest and dearest!
See All Your Dreams Come True
Finding the choices overwhelming? Planning a wedding can be stressful but the experts are on hand to help you create the day of your dreams. Just call theFranc Events team today on +353 (0)25 32005